Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-10-25 Origin: Site
Seamless steel pipe (SMLS) is an important steel product widely used in construction, petroleum, chemical industry, machinery and other fields. Seamless steel pipes can be divided into many types according to different application requirements.
Classification by use:
Depending on their intended applications, seamless steel pipes fall into the following categories:
(1) Seamless steel pipes for fluids: Typically with dimensions between Φ159 and 426 mm, these pipelines are used primarily for the transportation of natural gas, oil, and other fluids.
(2) Seamless steel pipe that has been galvanized for the purpose of transporting low-pressure fluids, such as air, gas, and water. Typically, the dimensions range from Φ10 to 159 mm.
(3) Petroleum transportation seamless steel pipes: primarily used for natural gas and petroleum pipeline transportation. Generally speaking, the specs are Φ219-426mm.
(4) Fertilizer equipment seamless steel pipes are primarily utilized for the transportation of chemical raw materials like urea and ammonia. Generally speaking, the specs are Φ219-426mm.
(5) Seamless steel pipe for deep well pumps: typically with dimensions of Φ76-168mm, this type of pipe is used primarily for groundwater transportation.
Classification by surface quality:
Based on surface quality, seamless steel pipes fall into the following categories:
(1) Good surface quality seamless steel pipes can be used in chemical equipment, high-pressure boilers, petroleum cracking, and other applications. They also don't have oxide scale, cracks, or other flaws.
(2) Poorly surfaced seamless steel pipes: Cracks and oxide scale are examples of surface flaws. They can be applied to farmland irrigation, low-pressure fluid transportation, and other situations.
Based on the material, seamless steel pipes fall into the following categories:
Standard carbon steel unbroken steel pipe: It is frequently used for low-pressure fluid transportation, agricultural irrigation, and other purposes. It is made of regular carbon steel.
(2) Low alloy steel seamless steel pipe: This material is frequently used to move high-pressure liquids like natural gas and oil and has a certain amount of alloy elements in it.
(3) Stainless steel seamless steel pipe: This corrosion-resistant and hygienic product is frequently utilized in the food, pharmaceutical, and other industries.
Tips: ASTM A106 seamless pressure pipe (also known as ASME SA106 pipe) is commonly used in the construction of oil and gas refineries, power plants, petrochemical plants, boilers, and ships where the piping must transport fluids and gases that exhibit higher temperatures and pressure levels.