Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-10-24 Origin: Site
Advantages and disadvantages of seamless steel pipes & tubes:
Advantages of seamless steel pipe:
1. High strength: Seamless steel pipes possess outstanding mechanical qualities, a robust load-bearing capacity, and high strength following processing via cold drawing, cold rolling, and other methods.
2. Corrosion resistance: Seamless steel pipes are appropriate for complex environments like the chemical, petroleum, and aviation industries because their surface can be treated with galvanizing, spray painting, etc. to improve its corrosion resistance.
3. High temperature resistance: Boiler pipes, thermal equipment, and other fields can all benefit from seamless steel pipes' ability to tolerate high temperatures.
4. No joints: A single steel billet is processed continuously to create seamless steel pipes. There is no need for joint welding, which can lower the likelihood of leaks and water leaks.
5. Smooth inner and outer surfaces: The seamless steel pipe's inner and outer surfaces have been brightened and heated to a high temperature, which has left them smooth, low-friction, and easily cleanable.
Disadvantages of seamless steel pipe:
1. Higher cost: The production cost of seamless steel pipe is high due to its complex processing technology.
2. Prolonged processing cycle: Both the production and processing cycles for seamless steel pipe are lengthy.
3. Subject to external influences: Because of their smooth exterior, seamless steel pipes are vulnerable to oxidation, corrosion, scratches, and other outside influences.